Constipation is a fairly common condition in cats. However, if detected and treated promptly, this condition can be treated with simple home remedies. So how do you know if your cat has this problem?Let’s find out all about symptoms, causes and solutions with uraqt.xyz!
Symptoms of a constipated cat
To know if your cat has a health problem, you need to observe the cat and identify the symptoms of constipation. Specifically, your cat may have one or more of the following symptoms:
- nausea or vomiting
- reduce cravings
- drink more or less water
- pee a lot
- lose weight
- muscle loss, lethargy
- No strength, difficulty moving or jumping
- Hiding in a gloomy corner
- Heavy bowel movements and having to strain when passing stools
- urinating, hard or dry stools
- stool that contains mucus or blood
When you notice any of the above symptoms, you should be aware of the disease or discuss it with your veterinarian.If you are still not sure, you can continue to look for indications cat is constipated in the next section.
>>See more: Cat Vomiting: Causes, Home Remedies
What are the signs of constipation in cats?
When it comes to health issues, cats often appear very lethargic with no visible outward signs. There will be important warnings to help you identify your cat’s strange behavior. Therefore, you must also be aware of the basic signs of these problems, which are as follows:
- Cats are stressed and sedentary in the sand tray: When you see your cat meowing or getting nervous while using the tray or repeatedly going in and out of the litter box. Your cat may be straining but not being able to defecate, and having to strain to defecate, then your cat is most likely constipated.
- cat poop is dry and hard: Under normal circumstances, cat poop is dark brown and has a certain softness. They will have enough moisture to stick together.However, when cat is constipatedtheir feces will be very dry.
If you notice that your cat has the above symptoms when going to the toilet, it may also indicate that your cat has a serious urinary problem. Never ignore obvious signs of illness. When in doubt, contact your nearest veterinarian for advice.Also, you should know more about cat is constipated Learn how to prevent and treat cat disease.
Causes of constipation in cats
According to veterinarian statistics, there are many reasons for a cat’s digestive system to have problems. cat is constipated like:
- Hygiene: If the cat does not go to the toilet frequently, the feces will stay in the intestines for too long, gradually making it difficult for the cat to defecate. You should adjust the way you go to the toilet and change the cat’s toilet items to make the cat feel more comfortable.
- dietThe cat’s diet is unreasonable, with too few green vegetables and insufficient water. Cats that don’t drink enough water can also cause constipation. Therefore, feeding cats that are too dry should be limited and the body needs to be adequately hydrated.
- living habit: The habit of licking can cause cats to ingest a lot of body hair. Hair is often difficult to remove from a cat’s body through bowel movements. However, in the process, the cat may develop intestinal problems, thereby increasing the cat’s risk of constipation.
- Habitat: Moving to a new place makes your cat not used to toileting in an unfamiliar place, so it takes too long. Habitat changes can also stress and overstimulate cats, making defecation difficult.
- due to illness: Constipation is also a warning sign of dangerous conditions such as kidney problems, diabetes, enlarged colon, tumors, spinal disorders, etc. To be sure that the cat has no other related diseases, you should take your cat to the nearest veterinarian for proper treatment.
Is constipation dangerous in cats?
Some cases cat is constipated Heavy weights that make stools too dry can also cause a lot of problems. Your cat will feel uncomfortable and distressed when first going to the toilet. However, if it’s just a brief constipation, there’s nothing to worry about.
if cat is constipated With signs of excessive fatigue or inability to walk heavily or bloody stools and mucus, you will need to take your cat to the veterinarian to prevent the disease from getting worse.
As mentioned above, constipation is a symptom that your cat has serious health problems. Constipation can become more dangerous and even chronic. Therefore, timely diagnosis and treatment of the disease are important. Next uraqt.xyz will tell you some How to Treat Constipation in Cats Simple at home.
How to Treat Constipation in Cats
constipated cat taking medicineUm?here are some How to Treat Constipation in Cats Simple at home:
- improve your diet: Feed the cat with liquid canned and/or fresh cooked food such as green vegetables, squash, etc. Avoid giving cats dry food. Soft food is easier for your cat to digest and produces less stool.
- add water: To get your cat to drink more water, you should buy a dedicated water tray for the cat, or reward them every time they drink.
- Give your cat Miralax laxative: Mix the medicine with food in the appropriate dose according to the directions for use. The drug has no side effects, so it is very safe for cats.
- Give your cat lactulose: The sweetener comes in powder form to ease your cat’s bowel movements and make it softer.
- Feather Digestive Cream: for cat is constipated Because of the hair, the cat should be given a hair digestive cream to remove the hair and improve symptoms such as vomiting, constipation or cough.
Furthermore, if cat is constipated Severe cases may require bowel cleansing, medication, or surgery. For the above conditions, the doctor should prescribe the appropriate treatment. Therefore, you should not arbitrarily give your cat an enema or lavage or perform surgery on your cat.
Constipation can seriously affect a cat’s health. Therefore, pay special attention to observe the expressions of cats.if cat is constipated Then you must deal with it quickly or refer to the method introduced by uraqt.xyz above. If the condition is too severe and the condition is not getting better, take the cat to the veterinarian for treatment.
How to prevent constipation in cats
Prevention is better than cure, let’s take a look at some prevention tips from uraqt.xyz cat is constipated Please!
- Change your cat’s diet: The best way to prevent constipation in cats is to adjust their diet. Add fiber, drink plenty of water, and canned cat food. Well-prepared fresh food, highly moist and nutritious, suitable for cats of any age.
- Don’t feed your cat too muchEating too much can cause a lot of digestive problems in cats, especially kittens. Therefore, you should arrange a sensible diet and diet, and develop good living habits for your cat.
- Trim your cat regularly: For long-haired cats, trim and brush regularly to prevent shedding from getting stuck in the intestines and affecting the cat’s digestive system.
It can be seen that constipation seriously affects the health of pets, so pay attention to how to prevent it. cat is constipated starting today.As described on the uraqt.xyz, we have introduced you to some of the causes, symptoms, and How to Treat Constipation in Cats Effective. Hopefully the above information will help you take care of your cat’s health in the best possible way.
Finally, don’t forget to follow the uraqt.xyz for more useful updates on pet care experiences and other topics!