Suddenly one day, uncle, do you feel anxious? Poodle refuses to eat Lie quietly. Are you finding that your dog’s health is gradually declining because he is not providing enough nutrients? Follow the article below to uncover the reasons why poodles refuse to eat and how to solve them!
The main reasons why poodles refuse to eat
I hope to see my pets happy and healthy every day, and it will always be the infinite happiness of pet “parents”. The fact that dogs and cats stop eating is always a scary thing for pet owners.
But don’t panic, find out why Why do poodles refuse to eat? Find the correct fix below!
due to illness
When a poodle is a picky eater, the first reason not to be overlooked is due to medical issues.Some common diseases caused by Poodle Anorexia For example, dental problems, helminthiasis, diarrhea, etc.
when you see Poodle vomits and refuses to eat Signs with prolonged bloody diarrhea may be a symptom of a dog’s nursing sickness or petitia.
These are considered two dangerous diseases that can quickly take a dog’s life if not caught in time.
due to habit
Some dogs have a habit of eating only at certain times of the day. Specifically, some dogs will enjoy eating during the day, afternoon, and sunset.
Whatever your poodle’s preferences, be sure to keep in mind to feed them at the same time of day.
Because the food is not to taste
The Poodle is an active dog, always happy in any situation. So the diet of this breed is also relatively easy. They are usually not picky eaters. If one day you see your pet rejecting the same food as usual, you should check the quality of the food to see if it is safe and if it suits the taste.
If your dog has been eating the same food for a while and has been enjoying it, it’s a good idea to check the expiration date on the bag or can and check. Also, check that the packaged canned food is tightly packaged to ensure quality.
If you’re making dog food, the flavor factor is very important to pay attention to. Sudden changes in the taste of food often lead to an upset stomach. Just like humans, delicious food can conquer a dog’s taste buds.
Due to distance from mother/child
Not only humans, dogs are also animals that have love and love for their fellow human beings. If one day the mother dog and the puppy are separated, they will surely be very sad. Now the poodle will no longer be in the mood to think about eating.
due to moving to a new place
Changes in a dog’s routine or environment, such as a new person or pet moving to a new location, can cause anxiety and stress in the dog.
So you don’t have to worry too much because your dog’s appetite will return to normal as you adjust to the new environment.
Additionally, small changes in meal times or locations can make dogs more sensitive. This makes them stressful and can cause the dog to eat less.
threatened by other animals
The living environment and the people around can also greatly affect a dog’s mood. Therefore, a threat from another pet in the house can also cause the dog to stay away from his food bowl. Therefore, you should choose a pet that matches your pet’s personality.
Tips to Help Poodle Crave Food Again
Anorexia in poodles can last for multiple days and, if not detected and found to be the right remedy, can lead to malnutrition and dehydration. It can even endanger the life of a poodle.
However, one thing that puzzles many dog owners is that there are many reasons why a dog stops eating. So what’s the best way to overcome the fussy poodle’s situation? In fact, you can’t completely prevent your risk of anorexia, but you can still reduce it by:
- Give your dog a good, scientific and reasonable eating habit. Therefore, you should only allow a meal to last 10-20 minutes. If your dog eats before this time, put away all food. Doing this will help your dog speed up feeding times.
- Set up a quiet space for your dog to avoid being disturbed by other animals, especially animals that poodles don’t like. If possible, you should allow your dog to eat and sleep in a separate space.
- Don’t suddenly change the type of dog food. For example, from wet food to dry food, one brand for another… If you want to change because the dog’s current food is not delicious or does not meet the nutrition of the food, change it slowly. Therefore, it is recommended to add new foods to the daily diet little by little until the dog is fully accustomed to the new food taste.
- It is easier to overcome picky eaters due to reasons such as being away from mother and child, moving to a new place, etc. Therefore, you need to spend a lot of time playing with your dog and let your dog feel more comfortable by exercising every day.
Signs of loss of appetite in a poodle that needs to be taken to the veterinarian as soon as possible
If your puppy skips meals for several days and starts to show strange, more severe symptoms, it’s best to take your dog to the vet as soon as possible. Therefore, you need to look out for some serious signs that your poodle is not eating, such as:
- The dog vomited and had diarrhea for several days in a row.
- Poodles appear lethargic, tired, lazy to exercise, and feel like the body has no energy at all.
- If you notice a dog in your neighborhood is sick.
- Detect yellow (or even brown) color on the inside of your dog’s eyes, gums, or ears. Because this is the manifestation of a serious disease of the internal organs.
A complete and nutritious diet plays an extremely important role in giving Poodle Healthy body.We hope that by sharing reasons and solutions Poodle refuses to eat The article provides readers with a lot of useful information!