Ranked among the top 5 smartest dog breeds in the world, the poodle is the most popular dog breed today with its cute and lovable appearance. So yes Types of Poodles any? How to differentiate? Let’s go to uraqt.xyz to find out some information about this dog breed in the article below!
General Characteristics of Poodles
Before getting to know the types of poodles, let’s get some information about poodle breeds:
– resource: Poodles are duck hunting dogs, good at swimming and very active. According to various sources, the origin of the poodle is about 400 years ago. The origin of the poodle comes from Europe, but the determination of the specific country is still controversial. Most people believe that the poodle originated in France and Germany.
– Features: When it comes to Poodles, people usually think of the curly-haired breed, which is roughly equal in length to the height of the shoulder blades.
– Features: This breed is characterized by loyalty to its owner and is ranked as the second smartest dog breed in the world.
Types of Poodles by Size
How many types of poodles are there? Still a question asked by many. If classified by size, there are currently 5 main types of Poodles, such as:
The Toy Poodle is a smaller dog, about 24-28cm in size and 3-4kg in weight. Some prominent features of the Toy Poodle can be mentioned:
- The head is round and the ears are large, long and flat.
- Curly and fairly long ear hair usually falls off the cheeks.
- The length of the forelimbs and hindlimbs is equal to the body length.
- The muscles of the thighs and buttocks are toned.
- Small in size and well-proportioned.
The Miniature Poodle is a dog with an average height of 28-38cm and a weight of about 7-8kg. This size is very small, but still not as small as their toy poodle cousin.
The distinguishing feature of this breed is that it has a longer and more pointed muzzle than other poodle breeds.
Standard poodles are also known as giant poodles. Therefore, this is the oldest and largest Poodle breed. Giant Poodles have an average height of 45-60 cm and a weight of 20-32 kg.
This is an excellent watchdog, protective and loyal to its owner. Also, this breed is not aggressive!
The Teacup Poodle is a dog breed that is less than 15 cm tall and weighs less than 2 kg. The head of this breed is small but proportional to the body. They have large, spherical eyes, usually black or brown.
Compared to other Poodle series, the ears of the teacup are not too long, flat and always hanging down on the cheeks.
The Moyen Poodle has an average height of 35-45 cm and a weight of 9-13 kg. This is considered one of the most obedient and intelligent dog breeds. In addition, the Moyen Poodle is a cute, loyal and intelligent dog.
Poodles by coat color
What color poodle is the most beautiful? This is a question many people ask when choosing a poodle. Here are some tips uraqt.xyz would like to share with readers about today’s most popular poodle coat colors.
- white poodle: All white, the white poodle looks like a very cute teddy bear.
- black poodle: The dog of this breed is covered with a black coat all over. Occasionally, small, light-colored spots appear on the chest and legs of the dog.
- yellow and brown poodle: Bringing in yellow is not new, but the poodle still has its own charm. Yellow Poodles do not have a completely yellow coat. Instead, their ears will be a darker yellow than their body color.
- grey poodle: Rare breed, the price is higher than other colored poodles. Originally, the dog’s fur was originally black, but through the breeding process, the coat color gradually became a very unique and beautiful gray.
Today’s Most Popular Hybrid Poodle Breeds
Breeding between poodles and other dog breeds, the hybrid poodle line comes in many different shapes and sizes. In recent years, crossbreed poodles have grown in popularity due to their unique beauty.
Here are some of today’s popular poodle breeds that we’d like to share with our readers:
In Vietnam, the Cockapoo is a rare breed of dog due to the general preference for purebred dogs. Cockapoo is small and neat, with a quick and active personality.
The coat of this breed is long and bushy as they were bred from Cocker Spaniels and Poodles.
The Labrador Retriever is a unique breed bred from adult Poodles and Labrador Retrievers. They are native to Australia and have been bred since 1989.
Labrador retrievers are similar in appearance to poodles. Therefore, they are also available in three sizes, Standard, Medium and Micro.
- standard labrador: Average height 55 – 60 cm, weight 22 – 29 kg.
- Medium Labrador Retriever: Average height is 45 – 49 cm and weight is 14 – 20 kg.
- miniature labrador: Average height is 30 – 39 cm and weight is 7 – 11 kg.
The Cavapoo is a crossbreed of the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. More specifically, the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel is a small Spanish breed that has been loved by many families over the years.
The average height of an adult Cavapoo is between 12-14 inches (30-35 cm). The breed’s average weight is 12-25 lbs (5-11 kg).
Depending on the size and diet of the parents, Cavapoo dogs will have different size and weight characteristics.
The Shihpoo is a cross between a Shih Tzu and a Toy Poodle or Miniature Poodle. This breed inherits the poodle’s curly coat. Or have children and inherit Xi Shi’s long straight hair.
The character traits of this breed are cute, alert, and physically strong. Like her parents, Shihpoo can have a variety of solid colors or their own color variations.
The Goldendoodle is a cross between a poodle and a golden retriever. Goldendoodles are favored by many, calling them ideal dog breeds because of their low-shedding coat and cheerful, friendly, and lifeless personality.
Here are some about Types of Poodles What uraqt.xyz wants to share with readers. I hope that through the sharing of poodle breeds in the article, it can provide readers with a lot of useful information to choose their favorite dog breeds.