When raising cats, many owners worry about getting sick. In addition to worrying that taking medicine will affect the child’s health, many people are also afraid of being scratched by a cat when giving medicine to their child. However, if you know How to give cats medicine This will make the job a lot easier. Check it out on the uraqt.xyz now!
How to give your cat effective medication?
Not only when you are sick, but you must regularly give your cat deworming or antibiotics to keep your baby healthy.Some How to deworm a cat? The following standards will help reduce stress for pets and owners. Let’s refer to!
Give your cat medication as directed by your veterinarian
You should consult your veterinarian before administering medication to your cat. This is the person who examines and treats the cat directly, so he understands the condition and gives advice How to give cats medicine The effect depends on their physical condition.
If your cat is being treated for a disease or is taking antibiotics after surgery, the doctor will help you prescribe the right medication and provide support.
Some precautions when doing How to give cats medicine Follow your doctor’s instructions:
- Ask your veterinarian for step-by-step instructions to avoid harming your cat. If you do something wrong, you can practice and ask your doctor to correct it.
- Don’t self-diagnose your cat’s disease, and give your cat any medication you want.
- Never give your cat medication from people or other pets.
Combining medication with food
If your cat’s nose is not very sensitive, you can use the method of crushing and mixing the drug into their favorite food. However, this method is not recommended for heavy use. Because some drugs lose their potency when mixed cat food. You should consult your veterinarian before doing this.
For pills, you can use a special food to combine with the pill, such as a pill bag to wrap the pill. When feeding, it should be carefully checked that the cat cannot separate the medication from the food.
However, if you can’t find a similar product or your cat doesn’t like it, you can switch to wet food, roll it up, and stuff the medicine in. In this way, you should give them more non-drug food pellets!
To do this, you feed your cat a pill and wait for them to swallow it. Then you continue to feed the rest of the pills, removing the medicine from the cat’s mouth. Feeding your cat additional non-medicated food pellets will help prevent the cat from tasting strange foods.
After your cat has eaten, you should reward them with some of their favorite treats. In addition, you can also use strokes cat toy Make them feel comfortable and relaxed.
Direct medicine to cats
and How to give cats medicine Straight, it will be a little hard to do it the first time. However, it becomes a lot easier just by applying some of the following methods.
For pill form
If you’re giving your cat medication, you need to be quick and gentle. Proceed as follows:
- First, you need to hold the pill firmly. Hold the tablet with the thumb and index finger of your dominant hand.
- Next, press the upper part of the cat’s mouth with the index finger of your other hand. Then, place your thumb between the bottom two canines and gently push open the cat’s mouth.
- Place the tablet gently on the base of the cat’s tongue and they will swallow it automatically. If the pill hits the tip of your tongue, just keep the cat’s mouth open and use the middle finger to push the pill deep.
- After you put the medicine in your cat’s mouth, you need to check to see if it has swallowed it. If not, simply blow your cat’s nose lightly to stimulate their swallowing reflex.
- Once your cat has swallowed the medication, you will need to give her water and handle her favorite food.
This is also How to deworm a cat? The fastest deadline you can apply.
For liquid medicine
When giving your cat liquid medication, you will need to double-check the dosage by checking with your veterinarian. Depending on the medication, you will use a syringe or vial, but the process is similar. Include the following steps:
- First, you open the cat’s mouth, but not too wide, just enough to push the tip of the syringe into the mouth. Never tilt your cat’s head back as this will allow liquid medication to flow into their windpipe.
- Gently place the tip of the syringe between the cat’s teeth and slowly push the plunger to allow the medication to flow out. Care should be taken to pump slowly, with constant stops, to keep the cat comfortable. Do not give it to cats too quickly, as they will inhale the drug into their lungs and cause feline pneumonia.
- After taking the medicine, let the cat close its mouth and gently stroke its throat. This makes it easier for cats to swallow the medication.
- Finally, don’t forget to reward your cat for this collaboration!
After giving your cat the potion, don’t forget pet hygiene If they bother, let the medicine stick to the hair!
Use a cat litter device
If you don’t have the courage to put your hand in the cat’s mouth, you can use it Supplies for cats to take medicine. The device is a pliers that helps hold the pill in place. The usage is also very simple, specifically:
- Place the tablet firmly into the applicator.
- Open the cat’s mouth and secure it with two fingers.
- Then slowly insert the applicator into the cat’s mouth and place the tablet at the base of their tongue. To release the drug, you just gently push the plunger of the device.
This is Supplies for cats to take medicine Simple and quick for the first-time cat owner.If you have to find when you have a headache How to deworm a cat? Regularly, this tool will help you a lot.
Tips for giving cats medicine
Here are a few things to keep in mind for your cat to get gentle and quick medication:
- Put or drip the medication into the cat’s mouth quickly before the cat becomes uncomfortable. Therefore, you should have medication ready before touching your cat.
- Try to calm the cat’s spirit by hugging and petting so it doesn’t panic and run away.
- If your cat retracts her head every time she tries to open her mouth, you should grab the skin at the back of her neck to keep her head in place
- Never give your cat human medicine, especially pain relievers.
- Keep medication out of the cat’s reach. Even cat medicine should not be left near the “boss”.
- If you notice that your cat is showing strange symptoms after taking the medication, you should take him to a veterinarian immediately for a checkup. Bring a sample of the medication your cat has just taken so the doctor can see how the cat is doing.
- Neutering male cats makes them less aggressive and less reactive. After neutering, the cat will have a calmer attitude when approached by you.
Cats are animals that love to be petted and cuddled. So you only need to operate it gently, and the cat will take the medicine obediently without disturbing it. Hope this article helps you better understand and care for your cat.
See more methods take care of pets, and don’t forget to follow the articles on the uraqt.xyz. Welcome to the uraqt.xyz every day!