Fleas are a common disease in cats and dogs. When bitten by fleas, your pet will experience itching, burning, and extreme discomfort. If you don’t fully understand How to Treat Dog Fleas The more distressed the pet, the more difficult the treatment. Join the Shopee Blog to learn how to kill fleas at home very effectively in this article!
What are dog fleas? Signs of Dog Fleas
Dog fleas are parasites that infest mammals, especially dogs and cats. Fleas attach to the skin by biting and sucking the host’s blood.
Fleas have a fairly long lifespan. In particular, fleas thrive in hot and humid environments. In an indoor environment, they can breed year-round.
Fleas are a common cause of itching and scratching in cats and dogs. A severe flea infestation can lead to severe anemia and even death.
To understand pet Whether or not you have fleas, here are some signs you can rely on:
- Itching, scratching, rubbing against hard objects, or biting the skin with your teeth.
- Dry skin and hair loss on the neck, ears, upper back, and groin area.
- Anorexia, wasting, weight loss, weakness, recurrent anemia, and improper growth of the species.
Differentiate between fleas and ticks in dogs
Fleas are a common pet disease, however, most people mistakenly believe that fleas and ticks are the same. Learn how to identify fleas and ticks with Shopee to take care of pets more appropriately.
Both fleas and ticks are parasites that live on their hosts. Both parasites maintain life by feeding on the blood of their hosts. In particular, they have such a long life span that they can survive even without food for several months.
The difference between fleas and ticks is most evident in external biology. You can distinguish these two parasites according to the following table:
Summary of Effective Dog Flea Treatments
How to Treat Dog Fleas with Medication
There are two types of medications commonly used to kill dog fleas, based on veterinarian recommendations: sprays and injections.For effective use flea medicine you can refer to some of the products below.
flea spray for dogs
Hantox Flea Spray Produced in France, not only meets WHO standards but is also highly rated by the Ministry of Health.
Containing non-toxic ingredients, Hantox Spray for Dogs will not have side effects on animal skin and be harmful to human health. The medicine has no smell, so it won’t give you an unpleasant headache, and it can be used anywhere fleas are infested, indoors or out.
how to use: Spray your dog 10-12 times a day and follow these steps:
- Wear gloves and shake the spray bottle well before spraying.
- Hold the can upright and spray on the body and hair at a distance of 20-30cm.
- After spraying, rub your hands (with gloves) on the dog’s body, especially the head area.
- Do not bathe your dog within 48 hours before or after spraying.
BioFinil Flea Spray It is one of the products used to treat ticks and fleas in dogs. Not only is Bio Finil effective at killing ticks, lice, scabies, and fleas on dogs, but Bio Finil also provides results that last for only 4-6 weeks.
how to use:
- If the dog is infested with small fleas, you should spray 3ml/kg body weight (15 sprays).
- If the dog is severely infected, you should spray 6ml/kg body weight (30 sprays).
- Before going to work, Gloves should be worn and they should not be sprayed on your pet’s eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Pull the hair back and place the nozzle about 10 cm away from the skin. Then, spray directly on the skin, especially the area around the toenails, ears, and neck.
- After spraying, rub a few times on your baby’s skin with your hands to make the medicine penetrate deeply and evenly distribute it all over the body.
- Repeat 2 times after 4-6 weeks to health care If the pet becomes infected again.
- Do not bathe your dog for 48 hours after spraying.
dog flea injection
Injecting the drug directly into the body is also a flea treatment for dogs very popular. At present, there are many kinds of injection drugs for the treatment of this parasite, among which the more prominent ones are PHARMECTIN, BIVERMECTIN 0.1%,…
Because the active ingredient in the drug is injected directly into the dog, these injections work quickly and are superior to other methods.
how to use:
- For dogs weighing from 3 to 5 kg, you will need to inject 1 ml of the drug during each exercise.
- 3 full injections, 5-7 days apart, to allow the drug to work and treat the fleas at the root.
How to Treat Dog Fleas with Body Wash
In addition to using a spray or injection, you can also combine this therapeutic shampoo for dogs. There are many dog flea shampoos on the market, such as Hantox, Bio Care, Palma Care, etc.
In addition to choosing the right body wash for your baby’s skin, you should also choose products that contain organic ingredients that are safe for both humans and pets.
how to use:
- Wet your pet, then take a generous amount of body wash and rub it on your baby for 5-10 minutes.
- Rub well in flea-infested areas.
- Then, drain the water completely.
- After bathing, dry with a towel or towel to avoid getting wet avoid fleas.
- Do not let the shampoo get into your pet’s eyes, nose, and mouth.
How to Treat Dog Fleas with Folk Remedies
Bath your dog regularly and correctly
This is the most traditional and easiest way to prevent pet fleas. However, if the bath is not done properly, the chances of your dog getting sick are still as high as usual.
When bathing dogs and cats, use lukewarm water and mild dish soap or regular bath oil.
The order of parts to bathe the dog is head, body, and legs. Because the head and ears are places that dogs can’t scratch deeply, and are where female ticks often choose to give birth.
Comb your dog’s hair with a special comb
one of the How to Get Rid of Fleas Naturally For dogs, is to use a special comb to comb the hair. Before you do this, clean the comb with warm soapy water.
When brushing, you should brush from head to toe, making sure to reach the dog’s skin. Otherwise, the fleas will still live on the dog and cannot be cured completely.
Use lemon and orange zest
Diluted lemon or orange juice can also kill parasites in pets.
All you need to do is mix the diluted lemon/orange juice solution with 1/2 part warm water. Then, dip the dog brush into the mixture and start brushing.
- Brush thoroughly so that the solution comes into contact with the dog’s fur to effectively kill fleas.
- Dip the dog comb in the lemon/orange solution after each brushing.
- Brush your dog 3 times a day and do it every day.
Tips for killing fleas on dogs at home
In addition to proper flea treatment for your pet at home, here are a few things you need to keep in mind:
- Pets are vaccinated and regularly monitored according to doctor’s appointments.
- Keep your dog’s place and environment clean.
- Washing and cleaning the dog daily keeps the fleas unconditioned to reproduce and develop.
- If it gets worse, take your baby to the nearest veterinary center to care for him.
Through the above sharing, you must already know How to Treat Dog Fleas So right? Hope you can apply the above steps to make your dog healthier. If you are more interested in how to take care of and raise pets, please follow the uraqt.xyz for new posts every day!