How to care for a new female cat Often a tough challenge for “Lotus”. Because this is the stage when the female cat needs the most attention, otherwise it will adversely affect the health of the female cat. In this article, uraqt.xyz will reveal to you how to care for a cat to get more milk, how to care for a cat with a C-section, and provide nutritional advice for a female cat.
Signs your cat is about to give birth
before study How to care for a new female cat, we need to know the signs that the cat is about to give birth. When the pregnancy is long enough, the cat will start giving birth with the following symptoms:
- Larger or discolored nipples: After about 15-18 days of pregnancy, a cat’s nipples will start to “pink” or dark red and become larger.
- Find a nest: In the two days or hours before giving birth, cats often seek out private, quiet places to give birth. So you can create a litter box for your cat out of a cardboard box and line it up with a warm blanket/towel to make a nest for the cat.
- Anxiety: About 24-48 hours before giving birth, cats will show signs of restlessness, anxiety, and pacing around the nesting area.
- Make more calls: During labor, your cat will meow more often than usual.
- Lower body temperature: 12-36 hours before labor, the cat’s body temperature will be about 1-2 degrees Celsius lower than normal body temperature, dropping to 36.9-37.9 degrees Celsius.
- Vulva licking: You won’t usually see discharge in this area because cats will lick their vulva during labor to clear the discharge.
How to care for a female cat before giving birth
As your cat’s due date approaches, you should know how to establish a diet and prepare the necessary items to care for your pet. You can refer to how to care for cats by following the steps below.
To enhance the health of your pregnant cat, you can refer to the following nutrition:
- Increase the amount of food that contains more flour, increase the amount of rice or porridge, and allow the female cat to have more milk.
- Prepare separate milk powder and spoons for mother cats to drink after giving birth.
- Don’t give your cat spicy, salty, sour… or hard foods.
During this period, be careful not to give the cat medicine or injections, so as not to affect the kitten’s size and health.
mother cat’s nest
Apart from take care of pets With the right diet, you should also pay attention to preparing your cat’s sleeping area and den:
- The place where the female cat sleeps should not be too cold or too hot, and it should always be kept warm.
- Place a smooth, thin cloth in the litter so that the cat and kitten can lie down comfortably.
- Do not expose the female cat’s litter box to direct sunlight.
How to care for a new female cat
After learning about the signs of a cat giving birth and the basics of how to care for a female cat before giving birth, we will learn how to raise a healthy new female cat.
In this section, uraqt.xyz will guide you on how to raise a female cat by caesarean section and help her get more milk.
How to take care of the mother cat’s milk
Because breast milk is the only source of nutrition for early kittens. Kittens need to breastfeed continuously for more than 1 month to grow healthily. Therefore, it is extremely important that the female cat has plenty of milk to breastfeed.
processing take care of kittens, if the mother cat moves out of the den, she is hungry. Therefore, chicken bones or individual fish bones should be taken for the female cat to eat. Also, you can feed the mother cat with mashed rice or porridge to boost her strength and milk to feed her baby.
Both mother cats and newborn kittens need warmth. If the weather is cold, the mother cat will feed less milk to the kittens. So, in addition to feeding your female cats, you also need to take care of their litter. You can use a heat lamp or buy a rubber bag, fill it with warm water and place it in the nest.
How to care for a female cat who had a caesarean section
If your cat is delivered by cesarean section, you will need to follow the instructions How to care for a new female cat by a veterinarian and keep a close eye on the cat. You can refer to and do the following:
- Watch the female cat daily for biting the incision. If so, you should wear a lick collar for your cat to ensure a hygienic cut.
- Disinfect surgical wounds every 2 days with hydrogen peroxide or a mixture of Povidine and saline. When cleaning the incision, if there is a stain at the suture, it should be removed gently to avoid injuring the female cat or causing pain.
- Gently press the incision with cotton or gauze for 1-2 minutes to clean the incision and sutures of plasma fluid.
- Keep in mind the 8-day post-operative thread cutting schedule and the veterinarian’s post-operative injection schedule.
- Remove the anti-licking ring to support the mother cat in taking care of the kittens and let the mother cat clean the kittens.
New mom cat diet
mother cat no milk Or the fact that the mother is weak after birth is a very important issue. Therefore, it is crucial to develop and apply an appropriate diet for a new female cat.
Depending on your cat’s habits and preferences, you can feed your cat dry food, wet food, or a combination of the two.
Feeding a new female cat on dry food
In addition to choosing fresh, safe, and hygienic food, it’s extremely important to buy products that are processed according to the female cat’s preferences.You can choose to buy different types pet food Made from dried seeds, as this food is designed to provide the most appropriate and complete nutritional supplement for the female cat.
method Caring for a new female cat It’s not easy, so uraqt.xyz will help you provide more options for your pet by recommending the best foods for female cats.
Royal Canin Female and Baby Cats. Dried Seeds
Royal Canin is a well-known and trusted brand that many pet owners are familiar with. Therefore, you can rest assured of the quality of the product. Not only is there a wide variety of food, Mother Cat’s Dried Seed Royal Canin Also suitable for cats 4-12 weeks after birth.
Containing nutrients such as prebiotics and antioxidant nutrients (including vitamin E, vitamin C, taurine, lutein), Royal Canin food will help female cats have a healthier digestive system. Not only that, Royal Canin Dried Seeds also contain fats and carbohydrates that help female cats eat more deliciously.
From there, the mother cat can absorb the nutrients her body needs, increasing her resistance to raising her baby. Plus, the dried seeds are small enough for kittens to use with them.
Catsrang dry seeds
Catsrang is a cat food brand from Korea, specially developed for pregnant women, postpartum and kittens under 12 months. Therefore, you can choose this food for mother cats and kittens.
Catsrang Dried Seeds for Cats Rich in calcium and vitamins, it helps cats have strong bones, prevents hair loss, and makes cat hair smoother. In particular, the product is free of antibiotics, preservatives and synthetic flavoring colors, so it is also ideal for your pet.
ME-O . Dried Seeds
Dried Seeds for Cats ME-O Food for pregnant and lactating female cats. Carefully researched by scientists, this product helps replenish and provide cats with a full range of essential nutrients during this time.So you can use this to avoid this postpartum milk loss.
This product helps support a cat’s visual function and maintain a healthy immune system by replenishing the beneficial bacteria in the gut. In addition to this, ME-O dry seeds also contain calcium and omega to support the health of your cat’s bones, teeth, gums and skin. From there, limit the problems that pregnant and nursing cats often experience.
Caring for a New Female Cat with Wet Food
When breastfeeding, female cats need much more protein than usual. If the cat is not given enough protein, the cat will display abnormal expressions, such as meowing or showing discomfort.
In addition to dry food, to provide your cat with the necessary nutrients, you can choose wet food. This is a very easy-to-digest food that helps cats absorb maximum nutrients. Some popular wet cat foods are bolognese, sauces, sausages, etc.
Veterinarians often recommend Whiskas take care of kittens. This is a famous American manufacturer of high quality cat food.main ingredient Whiska Wet Food For cats, it is corn meal, rice flour, marine fish, animal fat and poultry products, etc. Therefore, this product not only provides the correct nutritional content, but also ensures the comprehensive development of cat pets.
Also, you can make your own or buy ready-made products to feed your cat. Note that you should not feed your cat rancid or perverted food to avoid cat poisoning.
How to care for a female cat after giving birth
When a cat gives birth, it is not only necessary to take care of it before and during delivery, but also to know how to care for the mother cat after delivery. To aid in a smooth delivery and ensure the health of your female cat, you should be aware of the following:
- Do not move the cat litter. Help the cat carefully cover the nest at night to avoid night dew, but don’t be too mysterious.
- Let the mother cat lick the milk frequently to regain her strength after labor is complete.
- After giving birth, the mother cat must be fed chicken or deboned fish to help the cat get enough nutrients to feed the baby.
- Kittens need to breastfeed continuously for a month, so if the mother is separated too often, you must take the kitten out and let the mother suck.
How to care for a newborn kitten
apart from knowing How to care for a new female catYou also need to know how to care for kittens to ensure the health of both mother and baby. When caring for a newborn kitten, you should be aware of the following:
- Don’t open your kitten’s eyes at will, but wait enough time for them to open on their own.
- Clean the kitten with a clean cotton swab dipped in saline, making sure it doesn’t hurt the cat or get the cotton in the eyes. This will help the kitten open its eyes smoothly and avoid eye infections.
- From the time the mother cat is pregnant until the kitten is weaned for about 1 month, do not bathe the mother cat and the kitten at the same time.
- Take your kitten for vaccinations according to the veterinarian’s consultation schedule.
Some do’s and don’ts when caring for kittens
Here are a few things to keep in mind while caring for your cat:
- Choose food carefully to ensure the health of the mother cat and kitten.
- Clean the cat’s area regularly.
- Because the mother cat’s reaction is so strong, she may even bite her own baby or bite a stranger. So you don’t let strangers see where the cat is.
- Vaccinate your cat according to the schedule prescribed by your veterinarian.
Through the above sharing, I hope everyone knows How to care for a new female cat Keep healthy and cute cats by your side all the time. The uraqt.xyz is always updated with useful knowledge about pet care and breeding, stay tuned for new posts every day!