The process of healing a puppy with advanced mange can be a challenging but rewarding experience. Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Mange is a skin condition caused by mites that burrow into the skin, causing irritation and itching. Advanced cases can lead to the eyes being sealed shut.
- The first step is to take the puppy to a veterinarian who can diagnose the severity of the condition and prescribe medication.
- Treatment typically involves a combination of medications, such as antibiotics and medicated shampoos or dips, as well as regular cleaning and grooming to remove scabs and crusts.
- It’s important to follow the veterinarian’s instructions carefully and be patient, as it can take several weeks or even months for the puppy’s skin to heal.
- During this time, it’s also important to provide the puppy with a safe and comfortable environment, plenty of food and water, and lots of love and attention to help them feel secure and supported.Source: ViacomCBS Inc.
Copyright Disclaimer under section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for “fair use” for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, education and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing.