Dogs must be bathed regularly to help remove dirt, bacteria and avoid skin diseases. Also, it helps to improve the pet-to-pet relationship. However, how to properly bathe a dog.In today’s post, uraqt.xyz will guide How to bathe a dog From A to Z.
Should you bathe your dog?
Many of you have questions Should you bathe your dog? no? In Vietnam’s hot and humid climate, bathing your dog is a common occurrence.
This weather can cause dogs to sweat a lot while exercising, making their coats stick to mud. The parasites then develop parasitic diseases on the skin and cause skin diseases. Therefore, dogs need a bath to be comfortable, clean, and healthy.
How to Bath a Poodle
if you don’t understand How to Bath a Poodle Then you need to prepare the following to take care of pets more appropriately.
Prepare your dog for a bath
Before you start bathing your dog, you need to have your supplies ready and do these things to make the bathing process go smoothly.
- Prepare 2 cotton balls to put in the ears, avoid when bathing, as water will enter the child’s ears.
- You can prepare a rubber pad in the bathing area so your pet won’t slip.
- If your baby’s toenails are very long, trim them neatly.
- Prepare a special ointment to apply to prevent the surrounding skin from burning when bathing.
Steps to Bathing a Poodle
With the above steps ready, let’s start bathing your dog with the Shopee Blog.
- step 1: Use a special comb to comb hair and plaque before bathing.
- Step 2: Use proper temperature water and special dog shampoos such as Dodoc shower gel, SOS shower gel, and other bathing directions, from the soles of the feet to the body. After applying the body wash, gently scrape to lather and remove all grime, then rinse off with clean water.
- Step 3: Take baby wipes from top to bottom. Drying is good, as wet hair is prone to colds.
How to bathe a puppy
Like the Shopee Blog mentioned above, puppies can only be bathed from 10 weeks old, and because at this age they are still very weak, so they are prone to getting sick.
Before you bathe your puppy for the first time, you will need to introduce your dog to the water to make it easier for him to settle in. Here are 3 basic steps on How to bathe a puppy:
- step 1: Prepare a complete set of items before bathing your dog, including a bristle comb soft bristle brush, towel, puppy shampoo, and bowl (if needed).
- Step 2: Wet the dog’s fur with warm water, apply soap all over the body and massage, gently scrub. Be careful not to get soap in your eyes. After seeing the baby clean and fragrant, bathe with clean water.
- Step 3: After bathing, wipe gently with a towel until dry. Make sure the puppies are completely dry before releasing them.
Tips for bathing your dog
Everyone knows that bathing a dog is the right thing to do, but not everyone knows how to properly bathe a dog. Here are some small caveats to be aware of.
How old can a dog be bathed?
According to veterinary experts, the right time to bathe dogs is when they are 10-12 weeks old or older. At this point, you can bathe your dog with warm water to help them get used to the water temperature. Puppies under 6 weeks should not be bathed, their bodies are still weak and incomplete at this time, and they are prone to diseases such as colds outside.
>> See more: Most Popular Easy-to-Keep Smart Dog Breeds
How often should a dog be bathed?
The frequency of bathing your dog depends on the dog’s environment, breed and health. Typically, for dogs with thick coats, a bath is given once a week. However, showering too often can make your hair drier and less smooth.
When to bathe and when not to bathe your dog?
There are also times when pets should and should not be bathed to protect their health. Here are a few points to keep in mind.
- When there is too much dirt on the fur and skin. Bathing at this time will make your pet more comfortable and cleaner.
- Large amounts of dead skin build up to form plaques. This is a perfect time for pet hygiene.
- When there is an unpleasant smell, bathe the pet immediately.
- It is recommended to bathe the dog during a warm sunny time. Avoid bathing in cold weather or at the end of the day, as dogs are prone to colds.
no bath time
- Just got vaccinated.
- When your dog is weak or sick.
- When it’s too cold and windy outside.
- When the bitch just gave birth.
- Do not bathe the female dog during mating. Because bathing at this time will lose its unique smell and reduce excitement.
Above, Shopee Blog just explained in detail How to bathe a dog. Hope the above information will help you take better care of your dog. Follow the uraqt.xyz for more helpful tips.